An American turns 65 every 8 seconds. The nation’s population is aging and more families heed the help of caregivers or have to themselves care-give for their loved ones.
The Caring Across Generation movement has 5 objectives:
- 2 million new jobs in home care.
- Protect workers and recipients of care.
- Improved job training and career ladder access.
- Citizenship for participants in training programs.
- Support of unpaid family caregivers.
I myself have an adult stepson with a disability; I understand how Seattle families – as well as those across the country – are facing economic and health challenges because of the inadequacies of our current system.
Seattle is the third city to launch a kick off and many more are scheduled. If you’d like to learn more about this exciting movement, consider attending their next meeting on Wednesday, February 28 from 4:00-6:00 pm at Casa Latina (317 17th Ave South, Seattle 98144). Check out their website here.