The proposed lease amendment for Building 11 at Magnuson Park is an issue that has been the source of much public discussion over the past few months. If you’d like to learn more about it, I invite you read my previous blog post or visit the “Current Issues” section of my website.
The developer is currently operating under the terms of the existing 2008 lease agreement and Seattle Parks & Recreation will soon turn over the building. Notice has been delivered to the current tenants, and they have been provided additional opportunities to sign leases and remain as tenants.
The legislation to amend the lease was delivered to me by the Mayor two weeks ago, and soon the Parks & Seattle Center Committee will discuss the matter. I’d like to share an updated timeline for the legislation:
- Friday, May 20th: The Mayor’s Office transmitted the Building 11 lease amendment legislation
- Monday, May 23rd: Legislation received by City Council from the Clerk’s Office and sent to Council Central Staff for review
- Monday, June 6th: Legislation will appear on the referral calendar. Once the calendar is adopted by the Full Council, the legislation will be referred to the Parks & Seattle Center Committee
- Thursday, June 16th: Briefing and discussion of the legislation at Parks & Seattle Center Committee meeting in Council Chambers. The Committee has a special start time of 10:30 a.m. that morning due to a preceding meeting in Chambers.
- Thursday, July 7th: Additional discussion and possible vote at Parks & Seattle Center Committee meeting, 9:30am, Council Chambers
- Monday, July 11th: If voted out of committee on July 7th, then legislation could come to Full Council for a vote.
If you have questions about the legislative process or the suggested timeline for the lease amendment, please contact my office.