Council President Bruce Harrell (District 2, South Seattle) today announced that the Public Forum to fill the Council vacancy for Council District 4 has been rescheduled for Monday, April 15, 5:30 p.m. The Public Forum is an opportunity for the community to engage with applicants and ask questions.
In an effort to address a scheduling conflict due to a religious observance, the Public Forum has been rescheduled from Friday, April 12 to Monday, April 15.
In accordance with Ordinance 125479, the Council – in consultation with the community – will convene a Public Forum on Monday, April 15 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall in the Bertha Knight Landes Room.
- WHO: Candidates to fill Council vacancy in District 4
- WHAT: “City Inside/Out” host Brian Callanan will moderate a Public Forum to allow community groups and audience members to ask the qualified applicants questions
- WHEN: Monday, April 15 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- WHERE: City Hall, 600 Fourth Avenue, Seattle — Bertha Knight Landes Room (Floor 1)
- Please NOTE: The public forum will be recorded, streamed live and televised by Seattle Channel
The eligible applicants from the memo, listed here in alphabetical order, are: Brooke Brod, Darby DuComb, Kathryn Gardow, David A. Goldberg, Jordan Goldwarg, Sherae Lascelles, Jay Lazerwitz, Juan Martinez, Abel Pacheco Jr., Marjorie Press, Bruce Rips, Maritza Rivera, and Luke Wigren.
Completed application materials were made available publicly on the Council vacancywebsite on Tuesday, April 9.
The Special City Council meeting on Wednesday, April 17, 5:30 p.m., will provide qualified applicants the opportunity to formally present a 3-minute presentation and respond to questions from City Councilmembers. The public will have the opportunity to provide comments.
The Council will vote to fill the vacancy at the 2:00 p.m. Full Council meeting on Monday, April 22.