The Mayor released his proposed 2014 budget on Monday, September 23.
After a number of very difficult budget years requiring extensive cuts, there has been a measure of economic recovery. Some city revenue sources have come in above projection, but some have not. Overall, the city budget office estimates general budget revenue is up around $10 million, roughly 1% of the City’s General Fund.
The Council will hold a public hearing on the proposed budget on Thursday, October 3 at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the 2nd floor of city hall, at 600 4th Avenue between Cherry and James.
The schedule for future meetings is listed below:
- October 8-10: Department presentations: City departments present their proposed budgets
- October 23-25: Issue Identification: Council discusses proposed budgets and possible issues
- November 1, 6-8: Presentation and Discussion of Options: Council discussion of specific proposals
- November 18-19: Final Decisions and Votes
- November 25: Vote on Final Budget